Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cautiously but anxiously anticipating...

Hi everybody,

Hope you were able to get outside today, it was the first day in a quite awhile that it was actually a little cooler and breezy. A very welcome break from the heat and humidity we've had lately. And how are Caylee and I celebrating the nice evening? Well - we're already in bed. Both of us are exhausted, so after enjoying dinner brought to us by some great friends and taking in a couple of episodes of Spongebob, we decided it was time to call it a day.

Steph and Levi are hanging in there. Yesterday, Levi's ANC count finally went from 0 to 44. Today it rose even higher to 96. This was awesome news. His other counts continue to rise, and he continues to regain strength. He is taking laps around his crib while holding on to the rail, and today took a couple of steps for Steph. I think Steph was finally able to convice the phyical therapists to quit coming by, as Levi does more when playing with her than he does when they try to mess with him. He did have one fever yesterday, which the doctor wasn't thrilled to see, but I think today he was keeping the temp down. I know the doctor wants to see the fevers go away before he lets Levi come home, so please be in prayer that they stay away.

The specialist did mention to Steph that she thought there may be a chance they could come home on Friday as long as Levi's counts continue to rise and he stops getting fevers. Of course, we know the dangers of getting our hopes up, but it is really, really hard not to at this point. Steph desperately needs a break, and it would do Levi wonders to get some good nights of uninterrupted sleep in his own bed. A chance to recharge as a family would go a long way in getting us ready to tackle round two. So, please also be in prayer that this visit home will be possible.

This last weekend we asked the doctor what the "rules" were if Levi was able to come home. It sounds like he will be under pretty much the same restrictions here at home as he is in the hospital. We will only be able to have a limited number of visitors, no playing outside in the dirt, no playgrounds, stores, church, or daycare, and stay away from anyone who is sick. So we probably won't be very social when they come home, but I'm sure you'll understand. I can't wait to tuck both of my kids in at night and sneak away for a date night with my beautiful wife. A gift given to us by a couple of our friends came with this condition, so I will make sure it happens. And maybe, just maybe, there will be a motorcycle ride involved. But we'll have to wait and see.

So that's the latest on this end. Like I mentioned above, please pray that Levi's fevers will dissapear entirely and that they will be able to come home soon.

In closing, I wanted to share a verse with you that one of our friends posted on Facebook as a prayer for all her friends; it really touched me, so tonight I pray this for all of you.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

God bless,
Michael, Stephanie, Caylee, and little Levi

1 comment: