Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Waiting for news in peace...

We are waiting for the phone to ring. Seems like we've done a lot of that lately. You've never experienced true rage at telemarketers until you are waiting to hear news from the doctor's office and jump up when the phone rings only to be asked if you own your own home or if you have ten minutes for a survey...

We are, however, in peace. It's not easy to wait for news in peace, but it is possible. Let me show you how.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Jeramiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, pay attention to what I say;
listen closely to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
for they are life to those who find them
and health to a man's whole body.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.


These are just a few of the passages that we have been reading daily. We believe that God is granting us the "peace which transcends all understanding". I encourage you to read these passages as you join us in praying not only for our little Levi, but others who are suffering as well.

God Bless,

Michael and Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment